Deadline November 30, 2017
Job ID J0817-1169
Organization: York Region
Job Title: Senior Program Analyst
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time
Location: Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
Senior Program Analyst
Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community. Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
Reporting to the Manager, Program Support and Analysis, is primarily responsible for providing policy support and strategic advice to the Branch; ensuring compliance with legislation, regulations and Regional policies and practices, including planning initiatives; drafting and editing Committee and Council reports; providing strategic advice on and developing cross-functional linkages to ensure that Branch policies and programs align with corporate, provincial and federal goals; leading project teams; interpreting and communicating the Long Term Care Homes Act, the CCAC, the Home Care and Community Services Act, and other relevant legislation, regulations and policies to Branch staff.
Salary: $52.23 - $56.78 per hour. This is a Union position.
- Successful completion of a University Degree in Public Administration, Health, Planning or Social Sciences or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a municipal or provincial public policy development sector with responsibilities in leading complex project initiatives and program/policy development.
- Satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Checks (PVSC).
- In-depth knowledge of sector organizations and best practices for the Long Term Care and Community Service sectors.
- In-depth knowledge of the Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007, the CCAC, the Home Care and Community Services Act and other relevant legislation and the provincial health care system.
- Knowledge of the Department’s program delivery operations, programs and services, the community served and client social issues.
- Knowledge of provincial legislative, regulatory and policy framework and ability to interpret and translate into policy and policy options for the Department.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary social research and evaluation methods, including experience interpreting and reporting statistical, demographic and socio-economic data, and writing detailed reports and proposals.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Proficiency in MS Office software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software applications, as well as Internet research abilities.
- Demonstrated analytical skills to analyze and synthesize policy and data reports, interpret legislation and complex reports, and develop recommendations for a wide range of community services and social planning initiatives.
- Excellent writing skills to communicate to a variety of audiences within the corporation and to the public.
- Demonstrated project management and leadership, negotiation and presentation skills to develop cross-functional internal and external community partnerships.
- Ability to travel to off-site locations in a timely and efficient manner, as required.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, as required.
Scheduled Hours: 35
Scheduled Shifts: 0830 - 1630
How to Apply
Please apply on-line by November 30, 2017, quoting competition #21220. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email or by telephone.
To apply click on the link below: