Deadline December 8, 2017
Aisling Discoveries Child and Family Centre provides responsive services in partnership with families and communities to strengthen the social and emotional well-being of children and promote their healthy development. Aisling Discoveries is accredited by the Canadian Centre for Accreditation. The Centre’s services are for children from prenatal to twelve years of age who have or are at risk of developing social, emotional or behavioural problems and for children and youth up to the age of 18 who have autism spectrum disorder and their families. Aisling Discoveries Child and Family Centre is a part of the Toronto Autism Services, a six agency partnership providing services in the Toronto region.
Bilingual Behaviour Consultant
Aisling Discoveries Child and Family Centre is seeking a bilingual Behaviour Consultant with strong engagement skills who is collaborative and passionate about ensuring that all children reach their full potential. As a member of an interdisciplinary team, you will work with child care centres through the Every Child Belongs Framework to ensure an inclusive child care system that promotes positive and healthy learning environments for all children.
Your portfolio will take you to licensed child care and home child care centres across the City of Toronto, where you will work directly with child care professionals, child care consultants, and families to provide consultation, coaching and training regarding children aged 0-12 with complex behavioural needs. Using your knowledge of Applied Behavioural Analysis and adult education, you will: complete strength based assessments; develop inclusive programming; assist staff and families with implementation; and modify programming as needed based on measurable outcomes. You will require sound judgement, strong problem-solving skills, creative thinking, and superior oral and written communication skills to facilitate your consultative efforts and reporting responsibilities. Your ability to work well in an interdisciplinary team setting is crucial to your success in this role.
- A Master’s Degree in psychology, behavioural science, or other related discipline or demonstrated equivalent education/experience
- Direct experience working with children 0-12 years of age with behavioural and/or social, developmental and emotional challenges and their parents/guardians
- 3 to 5 years related experience working within the child care or early learning sector
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis
- Thorough understanding of child development and appropriate evidence based interventions
- Knowledge of adult education and learning
- Knowledge of the communities served across Toronto with a demonstrated understanding of access and equity issues; and awareness and sensitivity to diversity
- Intermediate to advanced computer knowledge and ability to operate computers and related technology comfortably and efficiently, from word processing to data management
- A valid Ontario driver’s license in good standing with access to use of a vehicle; ability to travel across the City of Toronto
- Must be fluently bilingual in French and English
How To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 8th, 2017. Please note that applications will be assessed on a rolling basis. If you have any questions about the position or the recruitment process, please contact Bridget Humeniuk at 416-237-1500 x. 224 or email@example.com.