Deadlines April 30, 2018 & June 22, 2018
This interactive 2018 conference will focus on practical strategies and partnerships to optimize their potential. Our goal is to help clinicians and caregivers learn effective ways to work with individuals with developmental disabilities (DD), and their families, in partnership to improve their quality of life experience. The conference will also provide educational and informative psychiatric, behavioural, mental health, and complex physical health updates specific to individuals with DD, and showcase best practices in the field. This conference will engage health care providers and educators from a wide range of professional disciplines in knowledge transfer and interdisciplinary collaboration.
Vancouver, British Columbia
November 7-9, 2018
Call for Abstracts
The Health & Wellbeing in Children, Youth and Adults with Developmental Disabilities Conference provides an excellent forum for authors to present their work in an interactive setting. Posters are ideal for presenting scientific-based investigation, clinical case studies, and demonstration of community projects. Posters are intended to provide authors and participants from a variety of disciplines with the ability to connect with each other and to engage in discussions about the work. Submissions from students are strongly encouraged.
Please use the online submission form at http://interprofessional.ubc.ca to start the abstract submission process. Note that presentation title and presenter names & affiliations should be provided as you would like them to appear on the website and in the conference program. Please indicate if you would like to present this submission as an oral session as a few posters may be highlighted as 15 minute oral sessions with 5 minute Q & A.
*Please note, if you would like to present your submission as an oral session, the deadline is April 30, 2018. Should you wish to submit your abstract as a poster only, the deadline is June 22, 2018.
- H-Brain: Health: Brain
- H-Body: Health: Body
- HMH: Health: Mental Health
- APA: Administrative, Policy, Practice, Advocacy (incl. Respite, Cultural & Wellbeing)
Abstracts Should Include
- Purpose: Present main research questions, hypothesis, reasons for undertaking the investigation
- Methods: Include descriptions of participants, procedures, instrumentation, data analysis, or the equivalent
- Results: Results presented in the poster can be preliminary, incomplete (in process of data collection), and can include anticipated or speculated results
- Implications: Clearly present the “take home messages” from your investigation as it relates to mental health and developmental disabilities in Canada. Keep in mind the conference objectives (see advance notice)
- References: Include approximately three-five references on which the current work has been based
- 2-4 learning objectives
Deadline for Abstract Submissions: April 30, 2018 & June 22, 2018*
There will be two poster awards presented at the conference:
- Best Research-based Poster Award
- Best Information-based Poster Award
Organizations interested in exhibiting programs related to development disabilities are invited to contact the conference organizer for more information. Exhibit space is limited.
Presenters of accepted abstracts will not receive honoraria or reimbursement for any incurred expenses including accommodations and travel.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.interprofessional.ubc.ca/initiatives/hw2018.