North Bay, Ontario
Deadline December 14, 2017
Job Posting #2017/034
Position: Genetic Counsellor – OPSEU – Genetics Program
Hours of Work: Permanent – Full-Time – 31.50 Hours Per Week (0.90 Fte)
Effective: As Soon As Possible
Location: Main Office – North Bay
Additional Info: New Position
The incumbent provides assessment, counselling and follow-up for all aspects of the Genetics Program, including genetic clinical services, predictive cancer genetics services, prenatal diagnosis within a team approach that is consistent with the mission, vision, values, objectives, policies and standards of the Board of Health.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Master of Science degree in Genetic Counselling
- Current certification by the Canadian Association of Genetic Counsellors (or eligibility to sit for exam by Canadian Association of Genetic Counsellors)
- Current certification in CPR
- Two years recent work experience in prenatal, paediatric, adult and cancer genetics
- In-depth knowledge of current issues and practices related to genetic counselling
- Ability to work within a self-directed team and collaborate with other teams in program delivery
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Committed to providing exceptional client service
- An understanding of Federal, Provincial and Municipal legislation and regulations such as the, Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA), and the Health Care Consent Act
- Self-motivated and able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction
- Proficient with use computer technology including Microsoft Office Applications, Internet, Social Media, and applicable database applications
- Ability to set priorities, complete work, and meet deadlines
- Ability to research and prepare proposals, briefs and annual reports
- Ability to support and project values compatible with the organization
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and quality improvement
- Ability to work flex hours as required
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check: recent, within four (4) months at their expense and will be required to comply with the Health Unit’s immunization policies. Applicants requiring accessibility accommodation for the interview are asked to make such requests only when contacted for an interview.
Hourly Rate: Minimum $38.57 to Maximum $43.42
Closing Date: Thursday, December 14, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please forward your resume, cover letter and proof of education required for this position to the attention of:
Wendy Moore, Human Resources Assistant Attention: Job Posting #2017/034
North Bay Parry Sound District Health Unit, 681 Commercial Street, North Bay, ON P1B 4E7 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note: If you did not receive a confirmation email that your resume/application has been received, please contact Brenda Nunn-Schellenberg at (705) 474-1400 ext. 2257 for confirmation.
Once posting is closed, please refer to website for status of job posting
The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer