Deadline December 22, 2017
Position: Data Analyst (Competition # 2017-64)
Location: Public Health and Emergency Services Department (Public Health)
Employment: Permanent Part-Time (.5 FTE)
Reporting to: Manager of Foundational Standards
Union Affiliation: C.U.P.E.
Wage Range: $26.81/hr. - $31.57/hr.
Position Summary: The Data Analyst provides summarized data for the generation of reports and participates in the development and management of databases used for: population health assessment and surveillance, program planning and evaluation, research and quality improvement.
- Post-secondary education in statistics/data analysis or related discipline. Specific courses in epidemiology would be considered an asset.
- Experience applying quantitative and/or qualitative analysis methods and using statistical software such as SPSS, STATA, or R; qualitative analysis software such as NVIVO, other relevant survey and visualization tools and relational databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively, to prepare written reports, scientific manuscripts and to synthesize and display statistical data in understandable formats.
- Detail oriented with excellent organization skills with the ability to meet changing priorities.
- Experience working with others as part of a research/evaluation team.
Resumes will only be accepted electronically via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Date: Tuesday, December 12, 2017
Closing Date: Friday, December 22, 2017 at 4:00 p.m.
“The County is an equal opportunity employer. The County will attempt to provide reasonable accommodation for known disability for an applicant or employee if requested”.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, resumes are only accepted in response to advertised vacancies and will be used for the purposes of determining eligibility for employment only. We appreciate all resumes, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.