Deadline December 27, 2017
The Perth District Health Unit (PDHU) is committed to providing people with a healthy, inclusive and accommodating workplace. PDHU is an equal opportunity employer and provides a dynamic and progressive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from all persons, including those with disabilities. Upon request, we will provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who take part in all aspects of recruitment and selection process in order to ensure that all materials and processes are accessible to persons with disabilities. We currently have an opening for a temporary full-time Public Health Promoter starting in January 2018 for one year.
Working in a multi-disciplinary setting, the Public Health Promoter plans and implements comprehensive public health programs and services using a variety of health promotion strategies. The initial assignment will be in the Community Health Department working in Substance Use and Injury Prevention.
- Baccalaureate degree in a health related field
- demonstrated skills in programming planning, implementation and evaluation; health promotion and community development; oral and written communication
- proven ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- computer skills including word processing and Internet
- a valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a safe and well-maintained vehicle suitable for carrying out duties on behalf of the employer
- immunizations in accordance with Board policy including annual influenza immunization unless medially contra indicated.
Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm; Monday to Friday
Wage: $32.66 – $37.98 per hour
Closing Date: December 27, 2017
Apply in Writing to:
Director of Community Health
Perth District Health Unit
653 West Gore Street
Stratford, Ontario, N5A 1L4
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.