Deadline January 12, 2018
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an independent organization funded by the federal government to accelerate action on cancer control for all Canadians. The Partnership works with cancer experts, charitable organizations, governments, cancer agencies, national health organizations, patients, survivors and others to implement Canada’s cancer control strategy. The Partnership's vision is to be a driving force to achieve a focused approach that will help prevent cancer, enhance the quality of life of those affected by cancer, lessen the likelihood of dying from cancer, and increase the efficiency of cancer control in Canada.
Reporting to the Manager, Delivery Management Office, the Delivery Manager is accountable for project management and direct health program delivery support to successfully implement and measure the Partnership`s program initiatives in areas such as Cancer Prevention & Research, Screening & Early Detection, Diagnosis & Clinical Care, Person-Centred Perspective and System Performance. The role of the Delivery Manager, working with an interdisciplinary team across the organization and with external partners, includes leading overall business planning; detailed project planning; ongoing management, monitoring and controlling scope and budget, risks and issues; and project analysis and reporting. These responsibilities are all in support of achieving the organization’s cancer control outcomes with the goal of making a positive difference to the lives of Canadians affected by cancer.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- University degree preferably in Business, Public Administration, Life Sciences, Health Care or related field
- Five to seven years of progressive project management experience with at least two years as the Project Lead (managing projects from start to finish)
- Comprehensive experience facilitating and managing complex projects and working collaboratively with cross-functional teams and partners
- Proven project management skills, with knowledge and experience in all facets of the project management life cycle with a quality orientation and attention to detail
- Experience in project management in healthcare environments such as hospitals, government/public sector preferred
- Experience in developing detailed analysis, interpretation and opinion to support and guide senior stakeholders
- Collaborative leadership style with the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work collaboratively with a variety of professionals in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Detail-oriented, including the ability to identify important details, ensuring things are not overlooked and delivering a consistently high quality of work, keeping the overall goals of the project in mind
- Strong facilitation, presentation skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence and work productively with multiple partners; previous consulting experience is an asset
- Strong business acumen
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation is preferred
Closing Date: January 12, 2018.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and cover letter to TM@partnershipaqainstcancer.ca.
The Canadian Partnership Against Cancer is an organization committed to ensuring accessible services and communications to individuals with disabilities. Should you require accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, including accessible job postings, please call 416-915-9222 or email us at TM@partnershipaqainstcancer.ca.