Deadline January 21, 2018
The Middlesex-London Health Unit (MLHU) has an opportunity for a temporary, full-time Program Assistant III to join both the Healthy Communities and Injury Prevention (HCIP) team and the Southwest Tobacco Control Area Network (TCAN) at the 201 Queens Avenue, London office.
- Provide administrative support for the HCIP and TCAN teams;
- Schedule appointments and meetings, answer telephones, and handle mail;
- Maintain databases and checklists, run routine reports and prepare large mail-outs;
- Prepare agendas and take minutes for meetings;
- Type and format letters, memos, reports and other documents;
- Order necessary supplies, maintain inventories, resources, mailing lists and key contacts;
- Maintain accurate shadow budget and process invoices;
- Interpret and implement filing, record keeping, document management, and assist manager with clerical duties;
- Greet the public in person or on the phone and provide with information;
- Provide administrative support and back up coverage for other roles within the Healthy Living Division and Program Assistant team;
- Make edits to TCAN websites using content management systems, track Google Analytics and utilize Photoshop to make edits to documents or design basic projects; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Secondary school graduate with an additional year of secretarial and/or administrative studies.
- Proficiency in computer applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to provide excellent customer service and work effectively with team members.
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize work and balance competing work demands.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Proficiency in website content management systems is considered a strong asset.
- Communication proficiency (written and verbal) in French and/or any other languages is highly desirable.
To apply to this position, please submit a resume and cover letter electronically via our Career Opportunities page at http://www.healthunit.com by January 21, 2018 quoting posting # HCIPFTPAOPP-0118.
Information concerning applicants is collected under the authority of the Health Protection & Promotion Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H-7, as amended, and will be used to consider suitability for employment. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodations are available, upon request, to support potential applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. Should you require accommodation, please contact our Human Resources Department at 519-663-5317, extension 2512.
The Mission of the Middlesex-London Health Unit is to promote and protect the health of our community.