June 4-8, 2018
Application Deadline March 23, 2018
Knowledge Translation Professional Certificate (KTPC) is a five-day professional development initiative for knowledge translation (KT) professionals (i.e., knowledge brokers, KT specialists, KT managers, and the like). Participation in this week-long intensive requires some background in KT. The course content is relevant across sectors and has drawn international interest and attendance. The curriculum focuses on the core competencies of KT work in Canada, as identified by a survey of KT practitioners. KTPC integrates KT theory and practice, culminating in the development and presentation of a KT plan, grounded in your own work. We also encourage supervisor involvement, if possible, to help you build organizational capacity for KT.
- KTPC is fully accredited by the Continuing Professional Development Office at The University of Toronto's Faculty of Medicine. Successful completion of the course awards participants a Certificate of Completion from The University of Toronto and The Hospital for Sick Children.
- KTPC is recognized by Accreditation Canada as a Leading Practice.
- Each session of KTPC is rigorously evaluated to ensure learner success and tangible learning outcomes. Participants come away with a comprehensive KT Plan relevant to their work.
- KTPC includes 40 hours of contact time, including instruction, active learning, coaching and consultation with nine expert faculty.
- Participants also have access to faculty support following the course and are encouraged to be active members of the KTPC Alumni interactive online community.
Applications for June 2018 are now being accepted. Apply by Friday March 23rd, 2018!
For more information about the course, please visit the SickKids KT Program webpage: http://www.sickkids.ca/Learning/AbouttheInstitute/Programs/Knowledge-Tra....
To receive a copy of the application form, please contact Srdjana Filipovic, Program Manager, Knowledge Translation, Learning Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, at (416) 813-7654 Ext. 228189 or [email protected].