Deadline March 28, 2018
Job Number: 69278
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: 100 King St. West
Status: Regular Full-time
Hours per week: 37.5
Minimum Salary: 34.0100 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 43.6000
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Mar 28, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
The purpose of the Healthy Workplace Coordinator is to promote and support the health and well-being of Hamilton Health Sciences staff, physicians, and volunteers using comprehensive health promotion strategies in the workplace setting. The position is responsible for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Shine Wellness Program, and works with internal stakeholders, community partners, and the HSW team with the goal of promoting the overall health, wellness, engagement, and resilience of the HHS workforce.
- Graduate of University program in Community Health, Health Sciences with Health Promotion focus Health Promotion or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master of Public Health/Health Promotion preferred.
- Experience working in a large, diverse and highly unionized environment
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in health promotion, program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Experience developing and delivering comprehensive workplace health promotion programs and thorough knowledge of healthy workplace frameworks and best practices
- Experience developing and delivering health education programs
- Knowledge of and experience applying marketing / social marketing strategies
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) and ability to perform website content management
- Demonstrated organization, facilitation, problem solving, analytical, critical thinking, strong leadership skills and the ability to build relationships with multiple stakeholders (internal and external).
- Demonstrated excellence in communication (written and verbal), interpersonal skills, and the ability to initiate and model positive change.
- Ability and flexibility to work independently and collaboratively to organize and establish priorities within multiple projects and tasks
- Demonstrated ability to meet project and task deadlines and adjust quickly to changing requirements
For more information and to apply, see https://hhsc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=69278&lang=en#.Wr....