April 19-20, 2018
Management teams must ensure that adequate support systems are in place for all staff, not only frontline workers to address compassion fatigue, vicarious trauma, high turnover, absenteeism, disability, etc. Understanding issues such as "resistance" and "negativity" through a needs based lens allows leadership to be truly supportive and enhances employee/management relationships. Using a needs-based approach, this training offers a different view of traditional staff management relationships. More specifically, Trauma Informed Leadership training examines the impact of working with traumatized populations what is needed to reduce the likelihood of any negative impact.
Participants will learn to:
- Describe current research on early childhood adversity and trauma
- Review the principles of trauma informed practice for service providers
- Describe how effective leadership teams can mitigate negative impacts
“Very relevant to my job. I found this workshop very helpful. I was able to reflect my own work and recognize my weaknesses as a manager and it gave me a different perspective.”
For more information or to register, please visit https://www.safeguards-training.net/Courses/Detail.aspx?id=152.
- Group Discount: 20% off groups of 4 or more from one agency.
- Visit the event page on SafeGuards website for more info.