A. Public 'Open' Email Discussion Listservs:
- CLICK4HP -- health promotion on the Internet listserv
For information, to browse archives and use online form for subscription, see http://listserv.yorku.ca/archives/click4hp.html or contact list-owners at email@example.com. The list is international in scope, with over 1,000 subscribers, at least 500 of whom are in Ontario.
- SDOH -- social determinants of health listserv
For information, to browse archives and use online form for subscription see http://listserv.yorku.ca/archives/sdoh.html.
- APOLNet Listserv -- managed by the Alcohol Policy Network
To view the archives and join, see the APOLNet website at http://www.apolnet.ca/news/ListservHome.html.
- Heart-L -- listserv managed by the Ontario Heart Health Resource Centre
For more information, see the HHRC website at http://www.hhrc.net/connections/listserv.cfm.
- LINNews -- sponsored by the Lifestyle Information Network (LIN)
This is a mailing list to help leisure professionals share their expertise and keep abreast of what is new in the field. The weekly news bulletin has brief listings with links to the website and database for news items, additions of documents, and reports to the database, events, and job postings. To join linnews, visit http://www.lin.ca/ and select "Join our Mailing List" from the left sidebar. Many of the highlights of LINNews are reposted on Heart-L (see above).
- MNCHP-L -- email discussion list supported by the Best Start Resource Centre
This Network promotes and facilitates information sharing related to maternal, newborn and child health promotion. For information on the list see http://www.beststart.org/services/information.html and to subscribe see http://list.web.ca/lists/listinfo/mnchp-l.
- OWHN-L -- Ontario Women's Health Network email discussion list, bi-weekly digest and quarterly e-bulletin full of news, resources, contacts
For more information on this list of about 250 subscribers interested in women's health issues in Ontario see http://www.owhn.on.ca/contact_us.htm#mailist.
B. Open Web Forums
- OPHEA.net -- Ontario Physical Health Education Association
Join the OPHEA network for free and take part in the community interactivity, OPHEA.net Forum, calendar, resources, and more. Fill in the form on top left frame at http://www.ophea.net to register. Forums include Active Schools, PARC, and more. The monthly e-Connection newsletter is designed to keep members up to date on new website developments and other OPHEA activities.
C. Open Email Bulletins and Information Lists
- OHCC Bulletin -- Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition
This is an information-sharing vehicle for healthy community members and interested individuals in Ontario. It goes out monthly by email and is posted on the OHCC website at http://www.healthycommunities.on.ca/. Announcements of events related to OHCC can be posted. Send information or a request to join to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Le Bloc-Notes - OHPE's sister bulletin
Le Bloc-Notes (http://www.leblocnotes.ca/) est un bulletin d'information sur la promotion de la santé publié par le Centre ontarien d'information en prévention. Il se veut un outil indispensable pour les intervenants professionnels qui aiment être à l'affût des nouveautés dans le domaine de la promotion de la santé.
Vous pouvez vous abonner gratruitement au BLOC-NOTES en envoyant un courriel accompagné de vos coordonnées à email@example.com.
- CHN Health Link -- Canadian Health Network
This twice-monthly news bulletin features all-Canadian articles, events, facts about health promotion and disease prevention, and a summary of new information that is appearing on the Canadian Health Network (CHN) website. See here to subscribe.
- Mental Health Notes weekly ebulletin - Ontario branch Canadian Mental Health Association
This free weekly newsletter features mental health news and events. For more information, visit http://www.ontario.cmha.ca/mental_health_notes.asp .
- KUUC -- (Knowledge Utilization/Utilisation Connaissances) E-watch on innovation in health services
This bilingual monthly e-bulletin out of Laval University focuses on health services and regularly has information of interest to health promotion practitioners. The main site is here: http://kuuc.chair.ulaval.ca/english/ and you can subscribe to the e-list here: http://kuuc.chair.ulaval.ca/english/abonnement.html
D. Closed Email Discussion Listservs and Forums (send information to list-owners for posting)
- FOCUS Communities
Closed Forums - FOCUS Members Only Forum; FOCUS - MOH Members forum
- Contact-NRC mailing list -- Nutrition Resource Centre
For information see http://www.nutritionrc.ca/list.php3. The NRC mailing list is a closed, moderated list. Once you forward your contact information it will be verified and added to NRC database. You will receive the NRC newsletter (NRC Digest), updates, feedback requests, program information and other messages. Many of the highlights from the Contact-NRC list are re-posted to the HH-L (see above).
- OTRU-NET -- Ontario Tobacco Research Unit
Their active list-serv is called OTRU-NET: Tobacco Research Network. See the OTRU website at http://www.otru.org or contact OTRU for more information.
E. Other Lists
- Charity Village - non-profit organizations news and resources
There is a huge and ever increasing list of online discussions and email lists at http://www.charityvillage.com (choose resources).
- ONESTEP -- education and training email lists and bulletins
At http://www.onestep.on.ca/looking/elist.cfm is a long and interesting annotated list of email listservs and regular bulletins related to getting a job and skill development.
- Health in Action (HIA), online database of health promotion and injury prevention resources geared to Alberta practitioners At http://www.health-in-action.org/ are databases of programs and research projects, people/agencies and resources. Other online services offered include email discussion groups a variety of subjects. All these lists operate through majordomo list system. See http://www.health-in-action.org/node/37 for more information.
- OPC Today -- from the Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse
OPC's new bilingual blog covers a wide range of health promotion topics.
- THCU's Online Learning Community -- from The Health Communication Unit
- Health Promotion Ontario (HPO) -- "The voice of Ontario health promotion practitioners"
Formerly HPOph, Health Promotion Ontario is in the process of converting their website to a blog. Updates on HPO activities, resources, membership information and more.
- The Wellesley Institute blog
The Wellesley Institute's blog addresses the social determinants of health. They both report on their own work and comment on the work of others in community-based research, reciprocal capacity building, and the informing of public policy.
- GrowingGap.ca blog -- The Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives
This blog discusses income inequality.