A. Jakob Nielsen's Alertbox
Alertbox is a column on web usability and has featured the following useful articles for e-bulletins.
- Email Newsletters: Surviving Inbox Congestion, http://www.useit.com/alertbox/newsletters.html
- Targeted Email Newsletters Show Continued Strength, http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20040217.html
- Diversity is Power for Specialized Sites http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20030616.html
- Email Newsletters Pick Up Where Websites Leave Off, http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20030616.html
B. eNewsletters should go Blogging http://contentcentricblog.typepad.com/businessblogs/2004/08/must_email_list.html
This great article from August 2004 by Christopher Knight considers why an email list might turn itself into a weblog.
C. E-mail Newsletters by Mission-Based Organizations
This tip sheet by Coyote Communications covers such topics as
- What can go in your organization's e-mail newsletter?
- Designing your e-mail newsletter
- How Often Should You Send Your E-mail Newsletter?
D. Best Practices for Ezine Newsletter Publishing and List Management
James S. Huggins summarizes the best tips he's found from a number of sources (listed and linked at the bottom of his article for further reference)
E. Discussion List Tips: Web Reading and Feeds
Amy Gahran describes how to speed up e-mail list reading by using web features or RSS feeds. Good tips for both list subscribers and list owners.