Halton Region's Heart Health and Cancer Prevention Network, Choices 4 Health, is seeking a part-time Marketing Coordinator (0.5 FT position) for a 20 week contract. The contract commences the end of November and runs until the end of April, 1999.
Choices 4 Health is a region wide Network of 45 agencies, including health organizations, community groups, businesses and citizens that support the people of Halton in adopting healthy living choices that reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
Reporting directly to the Manager of Heart Health and Cancer Prevention Program, Halton Regional Health Dept. and responsible to the Choices 4 Health Marketing Committee, the role of the Marketing Coordinator is organize the official launch of the Choices 4 Health Network and increase the awareness of Choices 4 Health in Halton Region.
- plan, organize and implement the official launch of the Choices 4 Health, Halton's Heart Health and Cancer Risk Reduction initiative
- coordinate the activities of an ad agency in the development of marketing tools and to be the direct link to that ad agency
- to develop a Choices 4 Health Newsletter
- to assist in the distribution of a new Choices 4 Health directory
- to develop an ad to be placed in Parks and Rec brochures
- to provide status reports as required to the Choices 4 Health Coordinating Committee and to liaise regularly with the Manager of Heart Health and Cancer PreventionProgram and the Chair of the Marketing Committee
- to liaise with local media
- attend all Marketing Committee meetings, network meetings and occasional Coordinating Committee meetings
- experienced program coordinator
- excellent facilitation, presentation and communication skills
- excellent organizational skills
- able to work independently
- able to communicate electronically and work with a variety of standard software programs, including MS Word, EXCEL
- experience in planning special events an asset
- ability to function within a circular reporting relationship
- knowledge of the Halton community
- having a home workstation would be an asset
Applicant must be able to travel throughout Halton Region
Please submit your resume, by Friday November 27, 1998 to:
Ms. Pat Coulman
Manager, Heart Health and Cancer Prevention Program
The Regional Municipality of Halton Health Dept.
1151 Bronte Rd., Oakville ON L6M 3L1