Reporting to the Manager of Substance Abuse Prevention, the Tobacco Use Prevention Coordinator develops, implements, evaluates and coordinates the delivery of tobacco use prevention strategies, with an emphasis on population-based approaches.
Liaises and works with internal and external committees and task forces.
Provides expert advice to health department staff, community professionals and the general public regarding health promotion related to tobacco use prevention, elimination of exposure to second hand smoke and smoke cessation strategies.
Participates in the planning and delivery of continuing education of staff and community professionals and training of students.
Prepares and presents reports, funding applications and journal articles as required.
1. Baccalaureate Degree in Health Science and Master's Degree in Health Promotion, or the approved equivalent combination of education and related experience
2. Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating tobacco use prevention programs
3. Experience with word processing applications to prepare reports
4. Experience in applying health promotion theory when developing related programs
5. Strong analytical skills for data and surveys
6. Ability to work on a multidisciplinary public health team
7. Excellent organizational skills
8. Strong written and oral communication skills
SALARY: $49,369 - $59,842 annually (35 hrs/week)
DEPARTMENT: Community and Neighbourhood Services, Public Health Division
Interested individuals should submit their Resume quoting File No. 98-010-R
by 4:30 p.m., on Friday, December 4, 1998
City of Toronto, Human Resources Division, 1st Floor-West,
New City Hall, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2N2
Attention: Solveiga Karklins
Fax number: (416) 392-1230