PREFERRED BACKGROUND: Undergraduate degree in a health related field from a recognized University is required. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge and experience in the area of health communications and/or health promotion. Experience in developing communications and/or marketing plans, working with the media, as well as ability to provide consultation to a broad, knowledgeable customer group will be an asset. The incumbent will require a broad knowledge of Corporate and Departmental initiatives. Computer skills with Word for Windows, Word Perfect, E-mail will be required. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
* Areas of service are within a departmental program which emphasizes population health education and promotion, although the position reports within one Division.
Requires taking a lead role in the development of standards and guidelines related to increasing public access to the Health Department programs and services.
* Provides consultation to internal and external groups and individuals to develop strategic communications and marketing plans for projects resulting in increased visibility.
* Responsible for specific projects related to Health Department visibility such as marketing campaigns, media events, community displays, and data bases. Will collaborate with program staff to develop appropriate communications campaigns.
* Represents the Department on community and corporate committees.
* Identifies and develops strategies to ensure access to Health programs and services for special needs groups.
* Functions as a member of a team in a dynamic organization; will demonstrate team cooperation.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
SALARY RANGE: $34,239 - $42,799
Deadline: February 5, 1999
APPLY TO: Competition #H - 14, HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES, Regional Municipality of Halton, 1151 Bronte Road, Oakville ON L6M 3L1