deadline 5 p.m
Due to this position being partially funded by the National Environmental Youth Corps Internship program, candidates must be under the age of 30, have graduated from College or University (no longer in school) and be a Canadian citizen or a landed immigrant.
The ideal candidate will be a highly personable individual with exceptional interpersonal, communications (oral and written in English), and computer skills. She/he must have experience in tracking budget expenditures, processing expense claims, invoices, and multi-tasking; proficiency with MS Office 97 (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access), Windows '95, database management, electronic communications including familiarity with e-mail and Internet, and accounting program software; experience in human resources practices and administrative systems.
This position requires an individual with a minimum of 2 years professional administrative and computer experience preferably in a non-profit setting. Fluency in French, knowledge of Quickbooks, a post-secondary degree, diploma or equivalent, understanding of community development, and knowledge of the healthy communities movement are assets. She/he should value working as a part of a team in a flexible, highly productive workplace and be comfortable in an environment of continuous learning and change. Most importantly she/he must have a flexible style, great attitude and be a keen learner.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the duties of Administrative Coordinator include, but are not limited to:
* Coordinating daily administrative operations of OHCC
* Responding to and tracking administrative inquiries about the Coalition; referring detailed requests to Communications Facilitator; making referrals to appropriate sources inside and outside OHCC
* Providing organizational support for Board, Executive Committee, Community Animator and
staff meetings; preparing agendas, making all necessary arrangements for meetings, attending
meetings, recording minutes, decisions, and comments
* Processing resource order requests including invoicing, mailing, and tracking resource orders
* Processing expense claims and invoices
* Monitoring and reporting on OHCC expenses and budget in consultation with the Executive Director
* Providing administrative support to Community Animators, including mailing resource packages, etc.
* Maintaining the Central Office (office supplies, office equipment, administration, mailing, couriers); photocopying as required; setting up and maintaining OHCC filing system
* Maintaining HC database, mailing, contact and membership lists
* Human resources administrative support - placing and distributing job postings, administrative orientation and start up for new employees (payroll, benefits, expense claims)
* Providing administrative support to the Executive Director
* Researching and implementing administrative improvements for OHCC in consultation with staff
* Coordinating development and implementation of administrative standards and procedures
* Assisting in the production of reports to funders and funding proposals
* Tracking donations/donors to OHCC and producing thank-you letters to donors
* Assisting with the organization of the Annual Conference and General Meeting
* Keeping current with OHCC community initiatives
* Updating Community Animators on conferences, workshops, and meetings related to healthy
* Maintaining OHCC project resource lists
* Providing bilingual support
* Other duties as required
This position is located in Toronto and is full-time, 6 month contract position with the potential for renewal. The salary for this position is $28,600 per year. Suitably qualified applicants can forward the details of their career history, qualifications, current and expected salary, and contact information by 5:00 p.m., Tuesday, July 27th to:
Hiring Committee - Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto ON M5G 1Z8 Email: [email protected] Fax: (416) 408-4843
We thank all applicants, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.