Health promotion resource centres in Ontario are dedicated to enhancing the capacity of communities to carry out and adopt effective health promotion practices. Together we are developing an electronic and human "network" or system to enhance the coordination and integration of certain functions.
The RESOURCE CENTRE SYSTEM FACILITATOR will support the development, planning and coordination of the health promotion resource system; reporting to the Health Promotion team of the Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse.
This is a 7 -month contract position with potential for renewal.
* Develops collaborative working arrangements among the participating organizations; and facilitates their use of the Livelink Intranet for communication and production
* Creates strategies for supporting resource system development and building the program exponentially.
* Ensures and supports various communication linkages among 10 centres & related projects)
* Provide guidance and appropriate resources to support collaborative work via intranet
* Liaise with funding body (Ontario Ministry of Health) and resource system to organize priorities
* Ensure a process for the development of workplans and reporting mechanisms
* Identify ways to engage and energize resource centre partners to work as a system
* Works with information system team, the Livelink system administrator, third-party vendors and business partners to leverage external community efforts.
* Provides relevant feedback from community programs.
* Acts as online moderator as needed.
* Develops rules and guidelines for user participation.
* Some travel and on-site consultation, support and training will be required.
You are excited about the opportunity to nurture the development of the resource centre system and you have the following:
* Strong understanding of community health promotion in Ontario, and organizational development
* University degree in health promotion, social sciences or related field and relevant work experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
* Experience with online facilitation, use of Intranets and with electronic communication & its capacity to support collaborative work
* Strong communication skills including: facilitation, oral and written presentations, and effective presentations to government, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability and experience in working with multiple accountabilities
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Experience in handling emerging issues with diplomacy & confidentiality
* Ability to organize and disseminate information quickly
* Ability to work in both official languages is an asset
Please submit your letter of interest and resume, by Friday August 6th to:
OHPRS Intranet Team
c/o Ontario Prevention Clearinghouse
suite 1900, 180 Dundas Street West, Toronto ON M5G 1Z8
Fax: 416-408-2122 E-mail: email@example.com