Willow- Breast Cancer Support & Resource Services is a survivor-directed non-profit organization that provides information and support to those diagnosed with breast cancer, their family and friends; and assists and supports breast cancer self-help groups. Willow has a diversified revenue base and an expanding national profile.
The Receptionist is a key member of our team. We are seeking a talented individual with energy and enthusiasm who can work independently, multi-task and set priorities in a busy, yet friendly, workplace. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week). Salary range: $25,000 to $30,000. The position will report to the Office Administrator and will work collaboratively with other staff and volunteers.
The Receptionist will be responsible for the operation of the telephone and reception services, the provision of information about Willow and its services to the public and perform administrative functions as required.
* Answer telephone, record messages, transfer calls, provide information, clears message from voice mail; provide technical support and maintenance to telephone/voice mail system
* Receive, sort, distribute and send out mail; stuffing and labeling envelopes
* Photocopying and faxing
* Monitoring office supplies, ordering, organizing (moving and storage of supplies)
* Data entry and word processing as required
* Trouble-shooting office equipment
* Other duties as required
* Community college diploma or equivalent experience
* Must be proficient in use of Windows 95, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and Outlook
* Ability to deal with clients who are in distress/crisis situations; act tactfully & with discretion in person and by telephone
* Experience in trouble-shooting basic office equipment problems including changing toner cartridges, general maintenance and cleaning
* Ability to work in a team environment; handle and complete multiple tasks on time
* Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
* Bilingualism (English and French) and multiple language skills a definite asset; excellent command of the English language is a must
Please send resume and cover letter by August 31, 1999 to:
Receptionist Hiring Committee
Willow - Breast Cancer Support & Resource Services
785 Queen Street East, Toronto, ON M4M 1H5. Fax #: (416) 778-8070.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.