The Timiskaming Health Unit is seeking a dynamic individual to join the program management team. The Program Manager is central to the coordination of the delivery of services of the Public Health Division. The Program Manager will be expected to provide administrative support to the program staff and information support to upper management. The Program Manager will have an important organizational role in the coordination of services delivered, in the recommendation of resource allocation, human resource development, program planning and evaluation, and agency liaison. The Program Manager ensures the application of Timiskaming Health Unit philosophy, assists in the attainment of Timiskaming Health Unit philosophy, assists in the attainment of Timiskaming Health Unit goals and provides professional support in the areas of health promotion. The Program Manager will ensure the provision of Chronic Disease and the Infection Disease programming to the residents of the Timiskaming District. As part of the management team, the Program Manager will head special projects and may participate in all aspects of the organization's functioning.
- Health related degree preferably B.Sc.N.;
- Formal management/administration training - MBA preferred;
- Two (2) years progressive supervisory experience in community health;
- Demonstrated leadership and team building ability
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in the areas of program planning and evaluation;
- Knowledge of public health programming, population based strategies and social marketing;
- Fluency in both official languages an asset.
Salary: $53,825 - $61,105
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume by Friday, October 22nd, 1999 to: Esther Millar, Director of Clinical & Preventive Services, Timiskaming Health Unit, 221 Whitewood Avenue, P.O. Box 1240, New Liskeard, ON, P0J 1P0 Tel: 705-647-4305 Fax: 705-647-5779
[Source: http://www.globecareers.com Posted October 13, 1999]