Salary Range: $39 289 - $49 112
Bachelor's Degree in a health related field including health promotion required. The ideal candidate will have a broad knowledge and experience in the areas of project development and community development in a public health setting; have experience developing implementing and evaluating project plans. The candidate will have the skills/ability to build community relationships coalitions and provide consultation specific to injury prevention risk factors as well as a broad knowledge of injury prevention strategies and harm reduction. Knowledge and practical experience with health promotion theories e.g. behaviour change theory transtheoretical model and social marketing. Requires strong communication skills. Computer skills with Microsoft Word and E-mail will be required. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Practical experience working with youth and young adults would be an asset.
Areas of service are within a divisional program which emphasizes population health promotion and consumer involvement to meet the mandatory core program guidelines related to injury prevention. The initial focus of this position will be in the area of risk taking behaviour and youth and young adults.
* Assists in the strategy and project development within the program. (e.g. risk reduction for youth) as well as injury prevention community projects.
* Supports community coalitions and networks.
* Provides consultation to internal and external groups and individuals related to injury prevention.
* Facilitates the delivery of injury prevention messages across the community.
* Represents the department on community and corporate committees.
* Functions as a member of a team in a dynamic organization; will demonstrate team co-operation.
*Performs other duties as assigned.
Posting # H-220. Apply by December 13 1999 to Human Resource Services, Regional Municipality of Halton, 1151 Bronte Road, Oakville, ON, L6M 3L1
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those under consideration will be contacted. Personal information collected from applications is collected under the authority of the Regional Municipality of Halton Act, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment. Questions about this collection of information should be directed to Human Resource Services at the above address.