Parkdale Community Health Centre (PCHC) is situated in a vibrant, multi-cultural, multi-racial, inner-city neighbourhood. We work with our community, in all its diversity, to address its health-related needs through community development and action, the delivery of primary health care, counselling, advocacy and health promotion. We give priority to individuals and groups who traditionally encounter barriers to high quality health care services, including refugees and immigrants, gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transgendered peoples, people who live in poverty, psychiatric survivors, women, seniors, and people who live on or near the street.
Parkdale Community Health Centre is looking for a consultant with experience in developing volunteer programs where none currently exist. The successful applicant will assist the organization in developing strategies to increase volunteer support. This process must be accomplished within 8 months.
* Experience working with non-profit and health related organizations
* Recent experience in working with agencies in the development and implementation of a volunteer program
* Excellent facilitation skills
* Experience interviewing and involving service providers/users in design and implementation
* Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting homeless, refugees and immigrants, gays, lesbians, bisexuals, transgendered peoples, psychiatric survivors, women, youth and seniors
If you are interested in being considered for this consultation please send us an outline including:
* Your relevant working experience highlighting the above criteria
* A brief plan of how you would propose working with Parkdale Community Health Centre
* Your proposed fee schedule
A package with background information on the Parkdale Community Health Centre, including a project budget is available by phoning Leslie Molnar. Please mail or deliver your proposal by February 14, 2000 to: Leslie A. Molnar, Volunteer Support Study, Parkdale Community Health Centre, 1229 Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario M6K 1L2 Tel. (416) 537-0275 ext. 308
[Source: http://www.charityvillage.com/jobs/car3331.html ]