The Canadian Health Network (CHN) is an innovative health information service with a national scope. It is a federally-funded project offering a bilingual service to improve access to timely, relevant and credible information for the Canadian public and health professionals using Internet-based technology.
The following postings have been significantly shortened for the OHPE bulletin. see the web-site for more information
***Bilingual Partnership--Development Consultant
Recognizing the critical role that partnerships play in the development of this national resource, CHN is seeking a Bilingual Partnership Development Consultant to join its Partnership Development Team.
The Consultant will seek out, develop and nurture relationships and health promotion networks with Francophone and bilingual health information providers across Canada in the fields of health promotion, disease prevention, self-care and the health care system. They will lead the development of a French language service strategy that will include standards and guidelines in implementing quality French language services. The Consultant will be a primary resource on French language health issues to Canadian Health Network staff and partners, facilitating training and orientation sessions as needed. They will assist in responding to French language health information requests, and will participate in the development, review and dissemination of French language communications for CHN partners. The Consultant will also lead or participate in multiple projects that support the work of the Partnership Development Team and other teams within CHN.
***Partnership Development and Health Promotion Consultant
Toronto, deadline February 23, 2000
Recognizing the critical role that partnerships play in the development of this national resource, CHN is seeking a Partnership Development and Health Promotion Consultant.
The Consultant will provide consultation, expertise and related services such as communication, planning, co-ordination, management, and training, for the development and nurturing of partnerships in the fields of health promotion, disease prevention, self-care and the health care system. The Partnership Development and Health Promotion Consultant will:
* facilitate and support effective planning, training and communications between Canadian Health Network partners;
* develop standards, guidelines, tools and protocols for co-ordination, information sharing as well as monitoring activities;
* be instrumental in the recruitment of Affiliate organizations and manage Affiliate Agreements (work plans, reports, etc.);
* provide advice, training, and consultation on health promotion content issues to CHN staff and partners;
broker access to resources required by partners in order to build their capacity;
* monitor emerging health promotion trends, issues, programs over time and assist in responding to health information requests; and
* contribute to the operational planning of the Partnership Development Team.
Each of the above positions is a one-year renewable contract located in Toronto, Ontario. Interested candidates for any of these positions should forward their letters of interest and r