The Aboriginal Nurses Association of Canada (ANAC) and Planned Parenthood Federation of Canada (PPFC) have undertaken a project in partnership related to sexual and reproductive health issues of Aboriginal people. ANAC and PPFC are seeking an individual (s) to assist them in implementing the project objectives.
This project will be conducted over three years and will include a) a
research and writing component and b) a field testing component.
Individuals may apply for one or both positions.
Applicants will have a degree from a recognized university with an
acceptable specialization in health or an acceptable combination of
education, training and/or experience. Additional knowledge screening
criteria will include:
- Knowledge of health and social service delivery systems within Canada, relevant to Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Knowledge of Aboriginal culture
- Knowledge of community, regional and national Aboriginal organizations and their respective processes and
- Familiarity with internet search programs
The successful applicant will be:
- highly organized
- have strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate in both the oral and written forms in a clear and effective manner
- ability to work in a flexible, timely and accountable manner
- strong analytical, consultation, facilitation and presentation skills
- ability to speak an Aboriginal language would be an asset
Please reply in writing by February 25, 2000 to: Ms. Bernice Downey,
Executive Director, ANAC, 12 Stirling Ave, Third Fl., Ottawa, ON K1Y 1P8 Fx: (613) 724-4718