Master of Science Degree in Community Health Nutrition (or equivalent Masters degree) and eligibility for membership in the College of Dietitians required. A minimum of 2 years experience in Public Health or Community Nutrition with special consideration given to those with background in public health planning, food security initiatives, and community development. Incumbent will work on a multidisciplinary team to provide strategic direction and implement projects and initiatives related to food security in Halton. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Uses strong program planning, community development and evaluation skills and techniques to determine the needs across Halton and identifies key areas and priority target groups.
- Assists in determining the appropriate strategies to ensure equal access to healthy foods for residents and employees in Halton.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with HD committees and coalitions, health professionals, community groups and agencies that will facilitate a co-ordinated approach within Halton.
- Develops and maintains communication vehicles, i.e., newspaper and newsletter articles for distribution to the community at large and identified target groups.
- Provides consultation and expertise on nutrition and food security issues and community development of Regional staff, health professionals, media, community agencies and groups, educators and the public. Contact with consumers will be direct (groups, one-on-one, including home visiting or by telephone).
- Interprets and reports on data and best practice related to food access issues.
- Brings strong interpersonal and community development skills to the position to ensure hard-to-reach are informed and can participate in programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is being offered on a permanent part-time basis consisting of 21 Hours per Week. SALARY RANGE: $23.76 per hour - $29.70 per hour
APPLY TO: Posting # H-38, HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES, Regional Municipality of Halton, 1151 Bronte Road, Oakville, ON L6M 3L1
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.