NOTE: THIS IS NOT SUMMER EMPLOYMENT - POSITION WILL BEGIN IN SEPTEMBER.
Salary: $10.00 per hour
Youth Net is a Halton community based program run by youth for youth. It is a community partnership involving Halton Regional Health Department, YMCA of Oakville, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Canadian Mental Health Association, Halton District School Board, Regional Youth Committee and Halton Youth.
NOTE: This position will involve approximately 8 to 10 hours per month and requires availability and flexibility as hours will include days and/or evenings. Access to a vehicle will be necessary.
PREFERRED BACKGROUND: Are between the ages of 20 and 30 years of age. Must be interested and enthusiastic about working with youth and are respectful, honest and non-judgmental. Are required to have group skills (listen well, are aware of group dynamics) and enjoy teamwork and group participation. Must have a knowledge of youth and mental health issues.
* Creates a safe, non-judgmental forum for youths to talk with each other about mental health.
* Facilitates a loosely structured discussion about 1.5 hours in length with groups of 8 - 12 participants in the Halton community
* Records the issues and ideas raised in discussions.
* Identifies and follows up with participants who may be at risk and require additional support.
* Provides links to friendly professionals who are available to support youth when needed.
* Informs youth about community resources so they have access to additional supports, when needed.
* Participates in monthly facilitator meetings
Note: If you have any questions please call: Katie Mitchell, Youth Net Co-ordinator, (905) 825-6060 ext. 7606, TTY:(905) 827-9833 Local calls from: Acton:(519) 853-0501, Georgetown:(905) 878-8113, Aldershot:(905) 639-4540, Streetsville: (905) 823-6720
Apply to: Human Resource Services, Regional Municipality of Halton, 1151 Bronte Rd., Oakville, ON L6M 3L1 Posting # H-68.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted