The Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition (OHCC) is developing a book on healthy cities/communities practice. We are seeking an exceptional editor to prepare our manuscript for publication.
The OHCC seeks to achieve social, environmental, and economic health and well-being for individuals, communities and local governments. (For more information on OHCC, please see our web site: http://www.opc.on.ca/ohcc
Services of the Editor
The services of the editor are required starting May 9th, (part-time, flexible hours). The editor must be available to make this project a work priority for the month of June. The successful candidate will be expected to:
- work with an editorial advisory team to keep chapters focused and concise
- revise text and give ongoing guidance and support to authors. (Note: Authors are professionals but not professional writers).
- experience in writing/editing trade books
- excellent communication skills
- previous experience in editing collaborative book projects
- strong understanding of community development and healthy communities
- proven ability to meet deadlines
The remuneration for the contract will be $5,000.
Interested candidates should forward their resumes, a cover letter, 3 references and a sample of past project work to:
Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition
180 Dundas St. W. Suite 1900
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
For more information please contact Anna Jacobs, Communications Facilitator, (416) 408-4841 ext. 2342, firstname.lastname@example.org.