The Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women and Sport and Physical Activity (CAAWS) is seeking a skilled and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Executive Director. This is a full time, professional position, headquartered at the National Office in Ottawa. The Executive Director reports to the Board of Directors, through the Chair.
The key areas of responsibility for this position liaison with the Board of Directors, communications, government/agency liaison, planning and policy development, staff supervision, promotions and sponsorship,
financial management, media relations and association leadership.
The ideal candidate would have the following qualifications:
* a relevant degree in physical education, or sports/business administration
* related work experience in sports administration or with volunteer organizations
* knowledge of the Canadian amateur sport system
* excellent oral and written communication skills
* strong organizational, planning and financial management skills
* demonstrated ability to work effectively with volunteers
* experience in a women