The Ontario Health Coalition is composed of approximately 100 organizations dedicated to a quality, not-for-profit public health care system. We believe the principles of the Canada Health Act must be
honoured and strengthened. We are seeking an experienced individual with a proven track record for the position of Provincial Coordinator. This is a full-time position, paying $50,000 + $7,500 in lieu of
benefits. The start date is September 1, 2000. You are responsible to, and will work closely with the Co-Chairs and Administrative Committee.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Propose, plan and implement campaigns and action and policy initiatives;
- Research and write policy papers, speeches, presentations, Fact eets, Action Alerts, workshops, correspondence, grant applications and other materials;
- Co-ordinate all media initiatives including: research, write, edit, prepare and oversee distribution of releases, articles and op-ed pieces; organize press conferences; background media reporters; set up
and schedule interviews; initiate coverage. You will also act as spokesperson when necessary.
- Initiate and participate in coalition work to build maximum base of support and heighten the profile of health issues
- Devise and implement fundraising initiatives to ensure a stable operating base
- Supervise student placements and other office staff
- Prepare monthly mailings for membership
- Maintain and update membership and contact lists, Web Page, filing system
- Assist with other special projects and support
Your skills and abilities:
- You must have an extensive knowledge of health restructuring issues
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Excellent organizing skills and a proven track record in organizing and working harmoniously with many different communities and sectors, including: seniors, women, workers and their unions, ethnic and multiracial minorities, low income and homeless people, Aboriginal people and their organizations and others.
- Expertise in media relations
- Expertise in primary research
- Experience and ability in Fundraising
- Excellent supervisory and administrative skills
- Excellent strategic planning skills
- Expertise in desktop publishing and web site design
Please fax resumes to (416) 441-4073, or mail to the attention of the Hiring Committee by June 12, 2000. We regret that only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to the principles of Employment Equity and Affirmative Action and welcome applications from people who meet this criteria.