The BC Institute Against Family Violence is a non-profit society dedicated to the elimination of family violence through research and education on issues of child abuse, partner violence, and elder abuse. The Institute is currently hiring for the position of Resource Centre Coordinator. This position involves the coordination and management of the BCIFV Resource Centre.
The duties and responsibilities include:
- Provision of general research and education information on family violence to service providers, academics, students, and members of the public, including providing information and referral regarding government and community based services. Information is provided by phone, fax, email, and in person.
- Administration of the Institute's lending library, including cataloguing, processing and physical organization of resources, policy development, collection development, maintaining the library membership, and circulation.
- Webmastering the BCIFV website, including all content, design, organization, and format decisions.
- Recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteers to assist in Resource Centre activities.
- Attendance of community and agency sponsored committees and public events as requested by the Executive Director
* MLS or MLIS from an accredited institution (ideal for recent grads)or a Library Technician Diploma program graduate with a minimum of 2 years full-time relevant experience
* Sensitivity to and basic knowledge of all areas of family violence
* General knowledge of social and health services provided by government and community agencies
* Excellent research skills involving the use of library databases, the
Internet, and written and electronic information sources
* Demonstrated ability in organizing a demanding workload and responding to changing priorities
* Experience in a variety of software applications, MS Office (required), Windows (required), database packages (preferably MS Access), email, and also experience in LAN administration (preferable)
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
The position reports to the Executive Director and is 28 hours per week, four days/week. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Applications should be addressed to the attention of Ms. Penny Bain, Executive Director, BC Institute Against Family Violence, 551-409 Granville St., Vancouver, BC V6C 1T2 Phone: (604) 669-7055 Fax: (604) 669-7054 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: ONLY CANDIDATES SELECTED FOR AN INTERVIEW WILL BE CONTACTED.