This posting has been shortened for the OHPE bulletin. For the full version, see the Charity Village web site at http://www.charityvillage.com/jobs/car4976.html
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develops and coordinates AOHC Centre Development programs and services
* With the assistance of other staff, and in conjunction with the Board, committees and volunteers, promotes and coordinates, in support of vision and quality outcome work within member centres. These programs/projects will include but not be limited to: board development; organizational health; primary care reform; staff development
* A focus will be on Board Development and Getting Ready for Building
Healthier Organizations (CHC accreditation process) project development and implementation.
* Partnership development.
* Responsible for quarterly reporting.
* Writes funding proposals.
* Develops services (in line with AOHC Beliefs and Principles and Strategic
Directions) that would enhance member centre operations.
* Responsible for evaluation of centre development projects in consultation with members.
2. Supports AOHC policy development and implementation.
3. Some travel, evening and weekend work will be required.
4. Performs other duties as assigned form time to time.
* Minimum three years programing /or administrative experience in the health care field and /or with community and volunteers groups.
* Post secondary education in health or social sciences.
* Adult education and/or group facilitation skills are required
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Able to develop resources and train others in the areas of organizational health and non-profit governance issues.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as function as a member of a team.
* Excellent project management skills.
* Demonstrated ability to perform a variety of tasks under time limitations.
* Strong analysis and problem solving skills,
* Demonstrated strong user-level familiarity with a variety of computer
operating systems, network, communication and application software.
* Experience in a health centre setting is an asset.
* Bilingualism is an asset.
Renewable contract position (.6 fte) $25,694-30,833 plus benefits
Please respond to:
Association of Ontario Health Centres
5233 Dundas Street West, Suite 410
Etobicoke, Ontario M9B 1A6
Attn: Rishia Burke
Subject: Coordinator of Centre Development Position
Fax: (416) 236-0431