Our Health Department has the following opening for a health professional interested in pursuing a challenging career in public health: As an effective leader, you will work with the school boards in Peel to develop and implement the health curriculum, programs, and policies in order to meet the Ministry of Health's Mandatory Health Programs and Services Guidelines. In addition to supervising the implementation of the comprehensive school health strategy for the department, you will also develop broad communication strategies between the education system and the Health department.
* University degree in a health related field combined with a minimum of five years experience in public health
* Knowledge of the education system, child and youth development, health issues effecting children and youth and health promotion strategies;
* Policy development experience;
* Proven effective leadership and an ability to collaborate;
* Program planning, implementation, and evaluation skills;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential;
* Demonstrated project management, negotiation, facilitation, and problem solving skills;
* Strong computer skills.
Salary range is $47,675 - $64,495.
Please send your resume, quoting File #00-315, by November 13, 2000 to:
The Regional Municipality of Peel, Human Resources, 10 Peel Centre Dr, Brampton ON L6T 4B9 or fax it to (905) 791-6118.
You may email your resume, as a Word document, to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the job title and/or file# in the subject line of your message.