The North Bay and District Health Unit is seeking a full time Public Health Dietitian (Union - OPSEU). The Public Health Dietitian will work collaboratively to plan, implement and evaluate a range of health promotion programs under the requirements of the Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Program, with a focus on nutrition promotion. The successful candidate will also be a resource to related programs in the Family Health and Infectious Disease Programs.
* Baccalaureate (4 year) degree from a Canadian University with a major course of study in foods and nutrition
* Completion of an accredited dietetic internship
* Current registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario
* Two years related experience in community or public health nutrition
* Experience in health promotion programming, including community development, health policy analysis and development, social marketing, mass communications and media, application of health behaviour change theory, program planning, implementation and evaluation
* Demonstrated ability to facilitate community partnerships with diverse groups in support of nutrition promotion initiatives
* Ability to critically assess applied health research and develop detailed program proposals and reports
* Excellent verbal, written and mass communication skills
* Ability to use computer technology for program data management, using MS Word, Access, Excel and Power Point
* Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
* Fluency in both official languages would be an asset
* Willingness to work flex hours to meet program needs as required
* Must have a minimum "G2" Ontario Driver's License and access to a vehicle on occasion
Salary: Minimum $40,480 to Maximum $45,560 (excellent benefit package)
Address Applications to:
North Bay & District Health Unit, 681 Commercial Street, North Bay, ON P1B 4E7. Applications may be faxed to 705-474-8252.
Ensure Job Posting #PH/2000/024 is recorded on application and envelope. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted. The Health Unit is an Equal Opportunity Employer.