The Family Wellness Centre is an exemplar health promotion program in an acute care hospital. This is an opportunity to provide visionary and proactive leadership in addressing our diverse communities' health information issues. Your knowledge of consumer health information trends combined with your health communication and community mobilization skills as well as your experience working with diversity will compliment our health promotion programming. As an integral member of The Family Wellness Centre, you will maintain responsibility for the development, support and promotion of a range of community health information services in response to community defined needs and issues, and in collaboration with community based organizations, including the Department of Family and Community Medicine.
* University degree in health promotion, health education or adult education or equivalent education and experience
* Knowledge of current literature and trends in consumer health information including the Internet
* Knowledge of health communication and community mobilization principles and strategies
* Demonstrated experience and ability in working within diverse communities
* Demonstrated experience in developing and evaluating community based projects
* Demonstrated experience implementing effective health communication and community mobilization strategies
* Demonstrated experience and ability for creative and strategic thinking, as well as effective community collaboration and leadership
* Working knowledge of Microsoft, Windows 2000 and Internet
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent organization, oral and written communications skills
* Ability to speak another language is an asset (e.g. Chinese, Tamil, Italian, Greek, Tagalog)
* Satisfactory work performance and attendance record
Hours/Shifts: Days - 3 days per week (45 hours per pay period). Ability to work flexible hours is required. Schedules are subject to
change to meet department's needs.
Submit resume for vacancy number GR-N00-294 by January 10, 2001 to the attention of
Laureen Gordon, HR Consultant
The Scarborough Hospital - Grace Division
3030 Birchmount Rd
Scarborough, ON M1W 3W3
Fax: (416) 495-2560 or e-mail to [email protected]
Internal applicants must submit an Internal Transfer Form.