Child Health Network for the Greater Toronto Area,
(2 year contract, secondments welcome)
The Child Health Network (CHN) is a partnership of community and hospital service providers working together to build an integrated, family-centered, high quality health system for mothers, infants and children.
The CHN is seeking an emergency services network coordinator. The successful candidate will
* Review accessibility, coordination and quality of emergency services for newborns and children in the GTA;
* Collect, analyze and monitor data in order to identify and review trends, prepare reports and disseminate information to support improvements in care delivery and development of future policies;
* Lead the identification of strategies and work with various teams internal and external to the network to undertake 'system-building' activities to improve access, coordination, standardization and quality of services;
* Foster effective working relationships among service providers to promote timely, equitable, and appropriate access to services based on patient need; and
* Work with other Regional Emergency Service Coordinator's and with the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care on provincial initiatives.
Candidates will have
* A Master's degree in health administration, planning, health sciences or a related discipline;
* A strong interest in child health and emergency services for children and newborns;
* Comprehensive knowledge of policy, trends and issues affecting the health system;
* Experience and a successful track record in project management, data management, report reporting and consensus building;
* Ability to develop, nurture and maintain credible working relationships with a wide variety of internal an external stakeholders; and
* Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
Interested candidates are asked to send a cover letter detailing their interest in this position, including an updated resume quoting file number: CHN0105-AK by Friday, January 26, 2001 to
Human Resources Assistant
Child Health Network
555 University Ave. Room 5426
Toronto ON M5G 1X8
Fax: (416) 813-5671
We thank all candidates for their interest, and will contact only those selected for an interview.