Our Healthy Lifestyles Division is seeking Health Promotion Officers to join multidisciplinary teams (Healthy Children/Teens Team and Substance/Tobacco Prevention Team) to plan, develop, implement and evaluate health promotion programs including social marketing campaigns, healthy public policy and advocacy.
* university degree in Health Promotion or related health field with 1-3 years related experience in program development, implementation and evaluation
* knowledge of at least one of the following: substance abuse and tobacco prevention or school aged child health
* familiarity with key theoretical models of health education and promotion
* strong analytical skills to interpret and apply data
* excellent social marketing and public relations skills to effectively promote healthy lifestyles to target groups
* knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Projects, or Microsoft Outlook is considered an asset
* access to own transportation and willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
Salary range is $40,805 - $55,208 (please state salary expectations in your covering letter) + comprehensive benefits. Please submit your resume, quoting file #01-14, no later than January 29, 2001 to
The Regional Municipality of Peel - Human Resources
10 Peel Centre Drive Brampton, ON L6T 4B9
or fax it to (905) 791-6118.
You may also email your resume, as a Word document, to email@example.com
Please include the job title and/or file # in the subject line of your message.
Visit us at http://www.region.peel.on.ca
The Region of Peel appreciates all responses. However, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.