Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit is seeking a Health Promoter
* To undertake needs assessments
* Plan, facilitate, implement and evaluate programs which meet the requirements and standards identified in the Mandatory Health Programs and Services Guidelines as defined by the Ministry of Health and relating to chronic disease prevention
* Ensure goals and objectives of the relevant programs are met
* Research and develop programs / plans that are evidenced-based and responsive to community needs and sensitivities
* Develop health promotion strategies that are based on accurate and up-to-date knowledge of chronic disease prevention
* Participate as a member of an interdisciplinary team within the Health Unit
* Maintain and establish linkages in the community
* Develop and utilize appropriate evaluation tools
* To develop appropriate resources and provide training
* Research and review appropriate resources for potential use within the program
* Maintain a library of current, accurate and appropriate resources
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* University graduation in a related discipline (health studies/sciences)
* Plus over one year, up to and including two years related experience
(experience community based health promotion preferred) or equivalent to the above
* Proven communication skills (both oral and written)
* Proven management and motivation skills
* Proven planning and evaluation skills
* Proven ability to work independently or as a member of a team
* Valid Ontario driver's license and have access to a vehicle as travel is required
Successful incumbent of the position must provide the Employer with a current reference check.
This position is a full-time unionized position with a salary range of $18.783 to $21.047 per hour. This position reports to the Programs
Coordinator, Population Health, at the Haldimand-Norfolk Health Unit.
If you wish to be considered for the position, please provide a copy of your resume to
K. A. Webb
General Manager, Human Resources / Staff Development
50 Colborne Street, S.,
Simcoe, Ontario N3Y 4N5
Fax (519) 426-9876
Applications received by 4:30 pm on February 23, 2001 will be considered.
All applications will be held in STRICT CONFIDENCE. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information contained on your application is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of information and Privacy Act and will be used only for
employment assessment purposes. We thank you for your interest in these challenges. An equal opportunity Employer.