A small, successful consulting firm with an excellent reputation, a focus on health promotion, progressive social change and innovation and who works with a variety of clients in many different sectors. Our main services include: communications; group facilitation, consultations and event management; policy and program development; training and presentations; and a variety of IT services (web development, web-based database programming, e-consultation and e-education, etc.) for governments, NGOs and the private sector.
We believe in working with people that are ethical, honest and have the best interest of individuals, organizations and communities in mind. We are seeking an independent contractor to work with our quickly expanding IT team on a project basis, as soon as possible. For information on our client base and highlights of our work, visit our web site at http://www.aldergroup.com
What we provide
* Opportunity for up to full-time work on a variety of interesting projects.
* Consistent and fair pay schedule on jobs that we win.
* Opportunity to work in a positive, supportive and innovative work environment with immediate access to a wide network of colleagues.
* Value-added to personal credentials through association with a credible and respected consulting team.
* You would primarily work out of your home office, but would have the opportunity to come to our main office as required.
* Fun, supportive work environment.
* Flexible work hours.
* Exciting work which makes a social contribution.
* Many opportunities for personal and professional growth.
* Ability to work on a number of projects at once with a variety of clients.
* Ability to be self-directed and to take initiative.
* Ability to work within a team.
* Ability to learn quickly (e.g., pick up new applications).
* Ability to predict and avoid challenges before they occur and deal constructively and quickly with solutions should they occur.
* Ability to contribute to team work planning and strategic thinking sessions.
* Ability to meet deadlines or predict inability to do so.
* Bilingualism an asset.
Specific IT skills
* Web development (MS FrontPage 2000, MacroMedia Dreamweaver and Fireworks).
* Database development (MS Access, SQL, others).
* Flash animation.
* Java script.
* Sense of humour.
* Relaxed and easy going, but hard worker.
* Aware of strengths and weaknesses and willing to work on weaknesses and build on strengths.
* Enjoy working as part of a team.
* Committed to working within an ethical framework and to the social values we espouse.
* Appreciation of fine coffee and Golden Retrievers an asset.
Send a brief letter explaining your interest in this position, your CV and if possible, links to samples of your work to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We may not be able to get back to everyone who shows an interest, but will try our best to do so. Thank you in advance for your interest in joining The Alder Group.
1306 Wellington Street Suite 200
Ottawa, Ontario K1Y 3B2 Canada
Tel (613) 241.8755 Fax (613) 241.8847