This is - Phase 1 of a project of the Multicultural Heart Health Partnership (MHHP) of the Toronto (South Region) Heart Health Partnership. The project has two phases. Phase 1 will research and recommend effective strategies for promoting heart health messages among diverse ethno-cultural/linguistic groups including: Portuguese-speaking, Spanish-speaking, Vietnamese, Chinese, South Asian (Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu), Tamil and Polish. The Multicultural Heart Health Partnership is looking to contract with a consultant to undertake this research project that will result in a report to the Partnership at project end. Phase 2 of the project will use the report recommendations to guide the implementation of heart health promotion strategies.
What we need
We are seeking a consultant to carry out the project as described below:
* Literature review - have best practices for heart health promotion among diverse ethno-cultural communities been documented? (in Canada or the United States)
* Focus groups - develop and facilitate 7 focus groups with representatives from the ethno-cultural groups of the project
(Portuguese-speaking, Spanish-speaking, Vietnamese, Chinese, South Asian, Tamil and Polish) to explore which strategies for promoting heart health are most effective in each community
* Key Informant Interviews - conduct 14 interviews with professional staff to explore their experience promoting heart health in each
* Analysis of the information collected
* Prepare a report for the MHHP with a focus on key implementation strategies, including social marketing, key written resources, health
education programs and other.
Who we are looking for
If you are a consultant with knowledge of and/or experience working in the community health or social services sector as well as knowledge relating to health promotion for diverse ethno-cultural communities we would like to hear from you.
By March 2, 2001 please send your proposal including
* How you will work with the MHHP
Multicultural Heart Health Partnership
C/O Access Alliance Multicultural Community Health Centre
340 College Street, Suite 500
Toronto, Ontario M5T 3A9
If you are interested in submitting a proposal for this project, more information is available. Please call Sonja Nerad at (416) 324-8801,