Full Time, 1 Year Contract
EXTENDED DEADLINE: MONDAY, FEBRUARY 19, 2001
The National Action Committee on the Status of Women (NAC), Canada's largest national feminist organization, is seeking an experienced researcher for Phase II of its "Local to Global" research project on the impact of globalization on Canadian women and women's organizations. This is a one year full time contract position starting immediately.
* proven experience conducting research including participatory action research
* strong understanding, as reflected in previous research, of the central issues for Canadians arising from globalization and
* proven experience conducting outreach to diverse communities
* demonstrated record of incorporating the experiences of diverse groups of women
* knowledge of the Canadian women's movement and the ability to work from the perspective of anti-racist feminist principles and goals
* fully bilingual in French and English
* computer literate in word processing programs and electronic communication
* excellent written and oral communications skills and the ability to work to deadlines
The successful candidate must be able to work autonomously under the direction of a senior staff member.
Salary & Benefits: As indicated by the Collective Agreement.
NAC is an affirmative action employer and is committed to implementing anti-racism and anti-discrimination policies. Please send a resume and three names of referees by Monday, February 19, 2001 to
National Action Committee on the Status of Women
Suite 203, 234 Eglinton Ave. E.
Toronto, Ont., M4P 1K5
Fax: (416) 932-0646
We regret that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates contacted for interviews will be asked to provide
a sample of previous work.