28 Hours per week)
The Brampton Safe City Association is a not-for-profit agency providing community based crime prevention leadership and programs in the City of Brampton. The Brampton Multicultural Community Centre provides programs and support to new Canadians and Canadians from a diverse range of ethnic backgrounds. Canadians for Safe and Sober Driving is an organization that promotes public safety to reduce and ultimately eliminate injuries and death caused by impaired and/or unsafe driving through educational means.
This unique partnership of agencies is seeking a project coordinator on a one-year contract basis for a new program: Youth, Education and Safety. The purpose of the YES Project is to:
* Develop a community-wide youth safety network that will involve young people in activities and programs to make their community safer;
* Create opportunities for youth from all cultural backgrounds to develop skills through volunteerism, and
* Encourage young people to participate in creative problem solving to find innovative solutions to safety issues impacting them (e.g., school violence, dangerous or impaired driving, isolation due to cultural barriers)
The successful candidate will:
* Have three years experience in working with youth
* Posses either a post secondary degree or certificate in social services, or have equivalent experience
* Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (oral communication skills in another language would be an asset)
* Adept at working collaboratively to achieve results within a team environment
* Ability to motivate and direct volunteers
* Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office and Internet)
* Ability to perform a variety of detail-oriented tasks simultaneously
* Flexibility and a willingness to face challenges
* Work with a program management committee to develop, implement and evaluate the youth volunteer program in the City of Brampton.
Salary range is $26,000 - $30,000.
Applications will be accepted until 12:00 p.m. Friday, February 23, 2001
Interested applicants please forward resume to:
YES Project Hiring Committee
c/o Brampton Multicultural Community Centre
150 Central Park Drive, Suite 107
Brampton, Ontario LET 2A4
[reposted from http://www.charityvillage.com]