The Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition (OHCC) is comprised of individuals, groups, local healthy community coalitions and provincial associations that are seeking to increase the social, environmental and economic well-being of communities throughout Ontario. Healthy Communities is an approach by which a community determines its own vision of its preferred future, and the issues, needs and processes that need to be addressed to achieve that vision. The coalition maintains a central office in Toronto and employs regional Community Animators to support, strengthen and build capacity for Healthy Community coalitions and activities in Ontario.
The Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition is seeking applications for the contract position of Marketing Co-ordinator from April 1, 2001 to March 31, 2002, with possibility of renewal. The purpose of this position is to work with the OHCC Development Committee to identify opportunities for revenue generation, including donations, grants, and the sale of goods and services, and pursue those opportunities as approved by the Executive Director.
* professional training in the areas of fundraising and/or marketing
* minimum of two years of professional experience in fundraising and/or marketing
* exceptional interpersonal and written communication skills
* ability to work independently, take initiative and assume responsibility with minimal supervision
* computer literacy for word processing, database, email and internet systems
* knowledge and experience of not-for-profit community-based programs or services
* value working as part of a team in a flexible, highly productive workplace
* comfortable in an environment of continuous learning and change.
Salary: This is a renewable contract position for 35 hours per week, with flexible scheduling, initially for a one year contract. The salary is $39,221 per annum plus benefits.
Location: OHCC Central Office, 180 Dundas St. W., 19th floor, Toronto, Ontario
To Apply: Applications should be submitted to
Hiring Team - Marketing Co-ordinator
Ontario Healthy Communities Coalition
180 Dundas Street West, Suite 1900
Toronto, ON M5G 1Z8
Sorry, no faxes or telephone inquiries.
Deadline: The deadline for submission of applications for these positions is Friday, March 9, 2001. We regret that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about OHCC and the Community Animation positions (including the job description), please visit http://www.opc.on.ca/ohcc.