Term: 12 months (part time)
The Nutrition Resource Project (NRP) at the Ontario Public Health Association (OPHA) requires an individual to provide provincial coordination and support to the Community Food Advisor (CFA) Program in Ontario.
The CFA program is a volunteer peer education program in which citizens with knowledge and skills in food handling are provided with technical and leadership training. Upon completion of a training program, the volunteer peer educators are certified as Community Food Advisors and work in their communities to improve and promote safe and health food selection, preparation and storage practices. The CFA Program was initiated in 1991 and is currently operating in 21 sites across Ontario with approximately 400 trained volunteers.
* Degree in health sciences/studies with a Master's Degree an asset
* Demonstrated project management and administrative skills, including the ability to set priorities, establish timeframes, organize resources and resolve issues
* Experience in health promotion program planning, implementation and evaluation, preferably at the provincial level
* Familiarity with current health promotion programming practices and theoretical models
* Strong interpersonal, consulting and oral/written communication skills
* Working knowledge of foods/nutrition and consumer behaviour theories and practices
* Knowledge of volunteer management practices
* Excellent computer skills.
* Ability to work independently
* French language skills an asset
* Some travel in Ontario will be required
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume with salary expectations to
Nutrition Resource Project Manager
Ontario Public Health Association
468 Queen St. East, Suite 202
Toronto, ON M5A 1T7
Closing date: March 23, 2001