The Nutrition Resource Project (NRP) was established in 1999 to work towards increasing the level of coordinated provincial support of nutrition promotion programming; resource development and dissemination, and technical support services. The NRP is committed to increasing the capacity of nutrition practitioners in communities across Ontario to implement nutrition programs and strategies in a health promotion context. The NRP is a project of the Ontario Public Health Association and is funded through the Community and Health Promotion Branch of the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.
The Nutrition Resource Project (NRP) requires a PROGRAM COORDINATOR who will be responsible for providing coordination and support to four provincial programs.
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience
* Degree in health sciences/studies or related discipline with a Master's Degree an asset
* Demonstrated project management and administrative skills, including the ability to set priorities, establish timeframes, organize resources and resolve issues
* Experience in health promotion program planning, implementation and evaluation, preferably at the provincial level
* Good knowledge and/or work experience within the public and community health sector
* Familiarity with current health promotion programming practices and theoretical models
* Strong interpersonal, consulting and oral/written communication skills
* Working knowledge of foods/nutrition and consumer behaviour theories and practices
* Knowledge of volunteer management practices
* Excellent computer skills
* Ability to work independently
* French language skills an asset
* Some travel in Ontario will be required
This is a full time position (1 year term with possibility of extension) and the salary will be competitive and negotiable depending on experience.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume, in confidence, no later than April 10, 2001 to
Nutrition Resource Project Manager
Ontario Public Health Association
468 Queen St. East, Suite 202
Toronto, ON M5A 1T7