(One Year Contract with possible extension)
$22.70 to $26.32 per hr
We require a highly motivated individual to provide nutrition expertise and support to our community.
Reporting to the Manager of Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Department, the Public Health Dietitian will be involved in the planning, implementation and support of nutrition-related health promotion programs and activities as they pertain to the delivery of Chronic Disease Prevention and Family Health program standards of the most current version of the Mandatory Programs and Services Guidelines.
* A current Certificate of Registration from the College of Dietitians of Ontario is required
* A minimum of 1 year experience in health promotion is required
* Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills are required
* A valid Ontario Drivers Licence and access to a reliable motor vehicle is required
* The ability to communicate fluently in French would be an asset
* A working knowledge of behavior change theory and health promotion strategies on a population basis would be a definite asset
* Computer skills in word processing, e-mail, and use of the World Wide Web would be a definite asset.
Successful candidates will be required to join the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 543.3
Qualified individuals are to forward a r