Kids Have Stress Too! (KHST) is a broad based primary prevention program that targets children and their parents and caregivers. It has been designed to promote an understanding of stress in children and provide appropriate strategies to help children to cope with stress.
The KHST program has completed the pilot phase The goal is now to make it available to people and organizations that work with families across Ontario over the next two years. The project will target organizations that currently deliver programs to families and will train their staff to deliver the KHST workshop in their communities.
In conjunction with the steering committee, responsible for overall program integration. Duties include community development activites, marketing, promotion and coordination of the Train the Facilitator program. The coordinator will also manage part time administrative staff, the KHST web site and develop networks in target communities. The successful candidate will need to communicate project progress including monthly budget updates and program evaluation through written reports and/or presentations to steering committee and funding partners.
Annual salary $45,000.00
* Demonstrated ability to manage programs/projects including administrating budgets, coordinating timelines and developing evaluation tools and work plans to ensure goals are met.
* Excellent organizational skills -- able to multi-task and take initiative
* Excellent written and oral presentation skills
* Experience working with community partners and developing effective networks
* Marketing/media relations experience
* Well developed interpersonal skills
* Relevant background in health promotion/parent education/children's mental health would be an asset
* Adult training experience in the not for profit sector would be an asset
* Developed computer skills
Two Year Contract position available immediately. Please forward applications to