(One Year beginning mid August, 2001)
The Ontario Public Health Association (OPHA) is a well-established and progressive volunteer association whose mission is to strengthen the impact of people who are active in public and community health throughout Ontario.
OPHA is an equal opportunity employer who strives to promote diversity in its policies, operations and activities. The Association is seeking a dynamic individual who will lead the organization during a one-year leave of absence of its Executive Director.
The Executive Director (ED) supports and guides OPHA and staff in achieving OPHA mission by positioning the organization and community/public health in the political arena, analyzing and acting upon policy, programming and funding opportunities as they arise. The ED directs, manages and administers all organizational and operational aspects of OPHA and its projects for the successful realization of the OPHA goals and objectives.
We are seeking an individual who will
* Establish a good working relationship and communication with its volunteer Board of Directors and Executive Committee for excellence in the overall operation of the organization and its projects.
* Monitor external environment for emerging public health issues and opportunities; plays advocacy function related to community/public health.
* Direct and manage the operations of OPHA and its projects, utilizing appropriate technologies, policies and procedures related to human, material and financial resources.
* Develop and maintain effective communication and working relationship with external stakeholders including government, policy staff and sector associations.
* Maintain strong relations with funders and seek opportunities to obtain funding.
* Act as a spokesperson for OPHA
This individual will need a minimum of 5 years senior management experience in public/community health or non profit sector and have a Masters degree or a combination of relevant experience and education/training. Previous involvement with both the volunteer/non-profit sector and the public/community health sector at a provincial level are essential. Strong leadership, organizational, fiscal, project and staff management, communication, information technology, facilitation, policy analysis and advocacy skills are essential to this position.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by May 15th to
c/o Ontario Public Health Association
468 Queen St. East, Suite 202,
Toronto, Ontario M5A 1T7
Fax: (416) 367-2844.
OPHA regrets that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.