(Temporary, Approximately One Year)
Salary Range: $56,678 - $76,682 annually (35 hrs/week)
* Develop and implement a sustainable training program for staff working in public health sexual health clinics across Toronto. This program will prepare staff to work under newly developed policies, procedures and medical directives to provide consistent and effective sexual health services city wide.
* Provide supervision, training, and coordination of the certification process for PHN's who will function in an expanded role and will perform pelvic exams, venipuncture and other functions under medical directives.
* Assists in the development and implementation of quality assurance and evaluation measures for the sexual health clinic program.
* Utilizes current research to develop required training resources.
* Prepares written reports and presentations.
* Works under the direction of a sexual health clinic manager. Will travel to clinic locations across the city and work flexible hours.
* Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing from a recognized University with preparation in Public Health or a Diploma in Public Health Nursing
* Current Certificate of Competence in the Extended Class from the College of Nurses of Ontario
* Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate from a recognised
University or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years experience in a primary care setting
* Experience in the delivery of sexual health clinical services
* Experience in supervision and/or leadership of staff groups
* Experience in program development, training and evaluation
* Ability to prepare reports and deliver effective presentations
* Experience in the coordination of training initiatives and resources
* Valid Class "G" Driver's License and access to a vehicle is required
* Ability to work flexible hours
Applicants are required to demonstrate in their applications that their qualifications for the position match those specified. The assessment may include a suitability interview, written and/or practical test.
How to apply for this opportunity
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter quoting File # X1CN7091 By Wednesday, May 2nd, 2001 to
Employment Services, Human Resources
Metro Hall, 5th Floor, 55 John Street
Toronto, ON M5V 3C6
Fax (416) 397-9818
Committed to employment equity the City of Toronto encourages applications from Aboriginal people, people with disabilities, racial minorities, and women.