Our Sexual Health and Communicable Disease Division is seeking a full-time Public Health Nurse for our street outreach program.
* providing clinical nursing from the outreach van to the homeless (TB skin testing, immunization);
* consulting and maintaining linkages with other health professionals and agencies (i.e., physicians, area hospitals, social work);
* developing educational support materials;
* and working in a multi-disciplinary team setting.
* Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
* current general registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
* experience in psychosocial, mental health, harm reduction issues, and communicable disease investigation
* excellent assessment, counselling, communication, health promotion and problem solving skills
* experience working with a diverse communities
* access to own transportation and willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
Salary range is $47,338 - $55,037. Please forward your resume no later than May 11, 2001 to
Supervisor, Communicable Diseases
The Regional Municipality of Peel
44 Peel Centre Drive
Brampton, ON L6T 4B5
The Region of Peel appreciates all responses. However, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.