Full-time contract to June 1, 2002
$50-60,000 range per annum
The Folic Acid Alliance Ontario is seeking a Project Manager to oversee the implementation and a management of a province wide
public awareness campaign to reduce the number of birth defects in Ontario by promoting the consumption of folic acid. Working with
the Folic Acid Alliance Steering Committee, the successful candidate will ensure an awareness campaign is in place for all stakeholders.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
* Provides Team Leadership to the Folic Acid Alliance Steering Committee.
* Provides overall project management, monitoring and reporting on progress against significant milestones and identifying any issues or gaps.
* Ensures consistency of folic acid image and maintains control of all information that goes out to market (i.e. key messages, collaterals, sponsorship agreements, advertising, etc.).
* Develops and oversees communications strategies
* Brings expertise to the table to be able to advise on and recommend strategic communications initiatives linked with corporate positioning, business development, public awareness, advocacy, etc.
* Provinces strategic communications advice and expertise across the organization.
* Works closely with committee members to develop content of the 2002 Advertising Campaign
* Determines corporate positioning and profile, develops key messages, oversees development of creative, and works with suppliers to determine appropriate media
* Provides strategic leadership to support community outreach programming
Financial Responsibilities: Responsible for a budget of $451,500, managing expenditures within the parameters of established
policies and signing authority. Reports to the Alliance on budget on a regular basis.
Reports to: Project Leader and the Chair, Folic Acid Alliance
Major Internal Contacts: Project Leader, President & CEO, Easter Seals, Folic Acid Alliance Steering Committee, Children's Secretariat, Whitehall Robbins
Major External Contacts: Media, Advertising Agencies, Printers, Electronic Media Vendors
* University graduate with a degree in public relations/communications * five year's experience in managing communications;
* knowledge of communications strategy and implementation
* demonstrated project management expertise
* knowledge of Microsoft Office
* knowledge of Desk Top Publishing
* strong team player
Competencies: Leadership, Creative Thinking, Project management, Communications, Team Work, Achievement Orientated
Technical Requirements: Windows 95/97, Word, Excel, DTP, Project management, Internet Skills
Applications must be received by May 14, 2001 at 5:00 pm. Please forward applications to
Folic Acid Alliance Ontario
c/o Best Start Resource Centre
180 Dundas Street, Suite 1900
Toronto ON M5G 1Z8